Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Recognizing God Everyday



All too often I'm afraid that I go throughout my life and never recognize all of the blessings that God has given me. How many times have I ended a day and asked myself, "How have I seen the hand of God reaching out to me?" I'm afraid I haven't asked that nearly as often as I should. It is at this time that I would invite anyone reading this to take a moment of introspective reflection and try to see where God has reached out or blessed them today. How have you seen or felt of His love or mercy? As I think of my day, I think of a time when someone said a kind word when I was in need of encouragement. I also think of when I would walk past someone and sincerely feel a desire to help them and everyone else around me. All of these feelings are God either blessing me or helping me to view others as my brothers and sisters. As He reaches out His hand to me, I hope that I will be able to in turn reach out my hand to lift someone else. After listening to President Eyring talk and testing what he said, I am amazed at the many ways that I have been influenced by God. Before, I always thought that God would occasionally help or lift me or that He would occasionally use me to help those around me. But now I realize that He gives me those opportunities every day, if I will take them. Please take this time to reflect on how your life has been influenced by God. By doing so you will draw closer to Him and understand how deeply and personally He loves and cares about you. We are all His children and as such receive the blessings of His power on a very personal and daily basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment