Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Thou Shalt Love Thy Neighbor



I think that this video truly captures the spirit of what Christ meant when he said, "Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself (Matt 22:39)." To see an entire community come out to help and support this family in their time of crisis is absolutely incredible. After I watched this, I immediately thought, "Do I do enough to help those in need around me?" While some people may have readily visible needs such as this family, other are more subtle. For some the hurt is emotional or spiritual and can rarely been seen with the physical eye.  When we are baptized into the Church of Christ, we promise to take upon the name of Christ and help those around us. As representatives of Jesus Christ we seek to bring all men to his feet so that he can heal them through the power of his atonement. He called out to all of the weary when he said, "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest (Matt 11:28)." He has offered the invitation, now it is our responsibility to lift ourselves and others into his out-stretched arms. Remember the words of King Benjamin, "when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God (Mosiah 2:17)."

No comments:

Post a Comment